My Storey

My photo
It's a privilege to say that you have found your calling. My calling is in Human Resources. Specifically, my calling is recruiting. Apparently I enjoy selling and recruiting is about selling the candidate to the manager and selling the organization to the candidate. My professional history has included 27 years in healthcare of which 23 are in HR/Recruitment. I currently serve as a Recruitment Consultant for Jobscience, Inc. a Recruitment Solutions provider out of San Francisco, CA.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Why Social Networks for Recruiting?

If you are not taking advantage of social networks to add to your toolbox your organization is fighting an up-hill battle.  Looking at just the facts should convince you.
  • 70% of companies are using social networks as a means to engage customers.  
  • The average Facebook user has over 130 friends.  The average Twitter user has over 125 connections.  If you multiply that by the number of employees you have, think of the impact you can make.
  • Referrals are the BEST hires you can make.  Don't even get me started there.
As technology continues to change you can't leave recruitment completely in the hands of the recruiters.  It just can't get done that way.  What's wrong with creating a Facebook fan page or starting a blog.  Your candidates will see that your organization's employees are intelligently engaged and that will improve your brand.

Social media is not going away.  New sites are hitting the web daily.  Did I mention it's FREE?

No comments: