My Storey

My photo
It's a privilege to say that you have found your calling. My calling is in Human Resources. Specifically, my calling is recruiting. Apparently I enjoy selling and recruiting is about selling the candidate to the manager and selling the organization to the candidate. My professional history has included 27 years in healthcare of which 23 are in HR/Recruitment. I currently serve as a Recruitment Consultant for Jobscience, Inc. a Recruitment Solutions provider out of San Francisco, CA.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In 2008 Are Things Going To Change?

So, work has been crazy in the world of recruitment technology and I have abandoned my blog. I'm still doing a lot of reading and I read an article regarding the changes that may or may not be facing recruitment in 2008. For the most part, healthcare and retirement related markets will probably be safe. However, there is still the shortage to think about.

The writer of the article (Kevin Wheeler) talked about these things. The internet will continue to be a big part of recruiting. Sourcing jobs will probably replace the traditional recruiter in most businesses and social networks are here to stay. If you don't love them now you better figure out how you will.

As I read more and more I'm convinced that recruiters should learn more and better skills to stay ahead of the market. I've said this before... recruiters need to know how to source. Use the internet, learn how to use things like Google Ad words, social networks. Go where your recruits are going. Do they have a favorite place to hang out?

Now I'm rambling, so have a great day.

No comments: