My Storey

My photo
It's a privilege to say that you have found your calling. My calling is in Human Resources. Specifically, my calling is recruiting. Apparently I enjoy selling and recruiting is about selling the candidate to the manager and selling the organization to the candidate. My professional history has included 27 years in healthcare of which 23 are in HR/Recruitment. I currently serve as a Recruitment Consultant for Jobscience, Inc. a Recruitment Solutions provider out of San Francisco, CA.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I still need to talk about job postings.


I just can't say enough to you that recruit about job postings. Most of you format your job postings the same, job title, company description, position description and qualifications. So job seekers see a long list of jobs to choose from. Much like the way that you screen candidates by scanning headers on resumes, job seekers decide whether to check out your job posting based on what shows up in the company name, job title and location fields.

Think about it. Just because someone clicks on to review your posting does not guarantee they are going to read it all and apply. So start with something great sales gurus use; your best elevator pitch. Write several sentences to state what you do and why it matters, what the position entails and why it matters. Your job postings should never be generic. Your sole goal is to excite the job seeker enough to read on.

No comments: