My Storey

My photo
It's a privilege to say that you have found your calling. My calling is in Human Resources. Specifically, my calling is recruiting. Apparently I enjoy selling and recruiting is about selling the candidate to the manager and selling the organization to the candidate. My professional history has included 27 years in healthcare of which 23 are in HR/Recruitment. I currently serve as a Recruitment Consultant for Jobscience, Inc. a Recruitment Solutions provider out of San Francisco, CA.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Useful Internet Newsletters

Here is a list of some of the newsletters I read every morning:

Seth Godin
BNET
Recruiting Trends
HR
Staffing.org
Talent Management Magazine

I've also set up some automatic Google searches to pull new items from the web about recruting, metrics, staffing, marketing, sales. I tried to look at all the skills necessary to be a good recruiter so I don't limit my reading to just recruiting.

It's also a good idea to start your morning off with reading something positive. There are a number of choices here. There is usually several things that happen over the course of a day that may make you doubt yourself. Starting off on a positive note will get you going in the morning.

No comments: