My Storey

My photo
It's a privilege to say that you have found your calling. My calling is in Human Resources. Specifically, my calling is recruiting. Apparently I enjoy selling and recruiting is about selling the candidate to the manager and selling the organization to the candidate. My professional history has included 27 years in healthcare of which 23 are in HR/Recruitment. I currently serve as a Recruitment Consultant for Jobscience, Inc. a Recruitment Solutions provider out of San Francisco, CA.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You are never too small to think global.


This morning I'm listening to a sales presentation from the site Selling Power. Bill McDermott the CEO from SAP Americas is discussing his success and the success of this company. He said something today that really hit home to me regarding business. He said that business is going global. How does this apply to recruiting?

In today's labor market, can anyone still think that they are too small to think globally. I work for a recruitment technology company (Jobscience). We have technology that allows me to see who is accessing our sites and from where. Today there was someone in Italy looking at laboratory jobs that one of our customers had posted on our site. Someone from Europe is looking for a job in a US hospital. Last week I attended the ASHHRA convention in Austin. I heard so many times from attendees, "We are very small and don't need a recruitment solution."

In order to be an effective recruiter you must think globally. That does not mean that you are going to start an international recruitment campaign. It just means that you never know where your candidates are coming from. You need to have processes and solutions in place that connect with people on a global level.

No comments: